Lactation cookies are a great way to increase breast milk while satisfying a sweet tooth craving. I love these cookies! They are super good and super good for you. You can make the cookies bigger then what I did but bite size works better with a 2 year old who wants the cookies. It's just much easier to hide. The cookies are fine to eat even when you are not breast feeding, my husband and daughter both enjoy the cookies.This recipe makes a LOT of cookies.
Warning: These cookies are GOOD! You might just eating all of them in one sitting.
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed
- 4 tablespoons of brewers yeast
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups oats (not instant)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat you oven to 350°F and line your cookie sheet with parchment paper (for easy clean up).
- Mix together the flaxseed and water. Set aside for at least 5 minutes.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl. Add eggs and mix together.
- Put in the flexseeds, Mix well.
- Mix in the flour, baking soda, brewers yeast and salt.
- Add in the oats and chocolate chips. Make sure you mix it in really good.
- Make little balls with your hands and placed on the cookie sheet.
- Baked for 14 minutes.